Skip to main content
Pop Culture

Meghan Markle Eyes Netflix Crime Drama Role

Ava Hart
Ava HartAuthor
Published
Reading time1 min
Share:
Meghan Markle Eyes Netflix Crime Drama Role

Meghan Markle, 45, is engaged in early-stage negotiations to appear in the third season of Guy Ritchie's Netflix crime series The Gentlemen, according to a source who spoke to Us Weekly. The discussions come as the Duchess of Sussex and her family prepare for a relocation to Britain.

Deadline first reported the potential casting development, though significant uncertainty surrounds the project. Netflix has not yet greenlit The Gentlemen for a third season, and the second season is scheduled to premiere on September 3. Details regarding what character Markle might portray remain undisclosed.

The series features Theo James, Kaya Scodelario, and Daniel Ings in a narrative centered on Eddie, portrayed by James, who unexpectedly transitions from aristocratic life to managing a cannabis operation after inheriting the enterprise. The storyline follows his partnership with an organized crime family pursuing its own objectives.

A role in the British-set production could align with existing business arrangements. Markle and Prince Harry, 41, established a partnership with Netflix in 2020 through their production company Archewell Productions, creating content including documentaries and scripted programming for the platform.

Their collaborative projects for the streaming service include the Harry & Meghan docuseries, along with Live to Lead, Heart of Invictus, and Polo. Markle also produced and appeared in With Love, Meghan, a lifestyle-focused series offering viewers access to her domestic life.

The former actress departed from her role as Rachel Zane on the legal drama Suits in late November 2017, after meeting Harry in 2016 during the show's production. At the time, she characterized the decision as an evolution rather than a sacrifice.

"I don't see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change. It's a new chapter," Markle told the BBC when announcing her departure from acting.

The acting opportunity emerges as the couple prepares to return to the United Kingdom six years after stepping back from senior royal duties in 2020. Us Weekly confirmed earlier this week that Markle and Harry are relocating their family across the Atlantic for an extended period beginning this month.

The move follows years of publicized tensions with the royal family, including security disputes between Harry and his father, King Charles III. When the couple initially departed Britain, they stated their intention to achieve financial independence and provide their children with what they described as a more supportive environment.

Their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are scheduled to begin school in September. The family plans to settle outside London rather than within the city center, according to a source who spoke to Us Weekly.

"Harry is not as happy in the U.S. as he is in the U.K.," the source told Us Weekly. "They aim to be somewhere outside of London, not in, like, the city proper."

The Spare author has publicly expressed interest in reconciling with the royal family as King Charles III undergoes treatment for an undisclosed form of cancer. The potential return to Britain and to acting represents a significant shift for the couple, who have built their post-royal life primarily in California over the past six years.

Ava Hart

About the Author

Ava Hart

Ava Hart is a pop culture junkie and loves to share what's happening in Hollywood and what trends are taking the world by storm.

Share:

Related Stories

Custody Battle Escalates Over Teen's Living Arrangements
Pop Culture

Custody Battle Escalates Over Teen's Living Arrangements

A custody dispute between former spouses has intensified after revelations about their teenage daughter's living situation. The case involves questions about parental judgment and appropriate environments for minors caught between parents on different continents.

8/22/2026
Ava Hart
Prosecutors Cited Drug Use Before Panettiere Death
Pop Culture

Prosecutors Cited Drug Use Before Panettiere Death

Court records reveal prosecutors accused Brian Hickerson of appearing under the influence during a recent interview, arguing against his request to expunge domestic violence convictions just days before Hayden Panettiere's unexpected death at age 36.

8/22/2026
Ava Hart
WOND - banner